Bet on over in the Mariners vs. Padres game.
The Mariners and Padres hardly comprise the marquee matchup of the night so wagering on the game might be the only way to make the game interesting. The San Diego Padres (28-35 SU, 31-27-3 O/U, 31-30 RL) will be looking to snap their four-game losing streak when they battle the Seattle Mariners (31-33 SU, 25-36-2 O/U, 30-33 RL) at PETCO Park in Game 2 of their three-game interleague series tonight at 10:05 PM ET.
Tonight, the Mariners will hand the ball to left-hander Garrett Olson (1-1, 4.84 ERA) while the Padres counter with right-hander Chad Gaudin (2-5, 6.42 ERA).
Olson, who has split time between the bullpen and the starting rotation, looked solid in his last start, limiting the Baltimore Orioles to two runs on five hits in five innings of Seattle's 6-3 victory on Thursday.
Gaudin was pounded senseless in his last start, allowing eight runs on 10 hits in just three innings of an 11-6 loss to the Los Angeles Angels on Friday.
Here is a look at tonight’s key trends, followed by an in-depth analysis and recommendation.
- The Mariners are 4-0 in their last 4 road games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.
- The Mariners are 4-0 in their last 4 Wednesday games.
- The Mariners are 1-4 in their last 5 interleague games vs. a right-handed starter.
- The Padres are 4-1 in their last 5 games as a favorite of -110 to -150.
- The Padres are 10-3 in their last 13 games vs. a starter with a WHIP greater than 1.30.
- The Padres are 6-2 in their last 8 games as a favorite.
- The Under is 5-0-1 in Mariners last 6 after allowing 2 runs or less in their previous game.
- The Under is 4-0 in Mariners last 4 Wednesday games.
- The Over is 4-0 in Padres last 4 home games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.
- The Over is 4-0 in Padres last 4 vs. a team with a losing record.
- The Mariners are 9-0 in the last 9 meetings in San Diego.
- The Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.
- The Mariners are 18-6 in the last 24 meetings.
- Seattle Mariners +1½ -200
- Garrett Olson –L +105
- San Diego Padres -1½ +170
- Chad Gaudin –R -125
- Over 8 Ev
- Under 8 -120
Analysis: The San Diego Padres have scored a grand total of one run over their last three ballgames and will send a struggling pitcher to the mound in Chad Gaudin. He’s gone 1-2 with a high 8.79 ERA over his last three starts while Garrett Olson has compiled a 1-0 mark with a 3.86 ERA during the same span.
The Padres have gone a pitiful 4-23 in their last 27 interleague games and they have also lost six consecutive games to the Mariners and nine straight against them at Petco.
San Diego has scored more than two runs in any of their last six games but has compiled a surprising 6-2 record in their last eight games as a favorite and 10-3 in their last 13 games against a starter with a WHIP greater than 1.30.
The Mariners have gone 4-0 in their last four road games with the total set at 7.0-8.5 and 4-0 in their last four Wednesday games and we like them to cover the Run Line as Garrett Olson has his second consecutive strong start for the Mariners.
We also like the Over in a big way as it has gone a perfect 4-0 in San Diego’s last four home games with the total set at 7.0-8.5 and 4-0 in the Padres’ last four games against a team with a losing record.
Our recommendation: Seattle Mariners +1½ Runs/Over 8 Total Runs.
BetUS offers free registration and a 50% bonus on first time deposits.