Fernando Llorente, who has been with several Premier League clubs in recent weeks including Arsenal and Manchester United, has reportedly rejected Athletic Bilbao's latest contract offer.
Reports in Spain last week had claimed Llorente, who has been linked with Arsenal and United for some time and is also believed to be on Chelsea's radar, had fallen out with Bilbao coach Marcelo Bielsa.
Bielsa left Llorente out of his starting line-up for last week's 3-1 win over Slaven Belupo in the Europa League, but insisted the decision was because of the striker's lack of match fitness, and was not down to an alleged falling out between the pair.
But according to reports in Spain on Tuesday night, the Spain international has turned down a €4.5million-a-year deal and is keen on joining a club playing in the Champions League this season.
And according to ETB, Italian champions Juventus are ready to swoop with a €20million bid.
Llorente, 27, is out of contract next summer and Athletic must now decide whether to reluctantly sell their prize asset now, or risk letting him leave on a free transfer this time next year.
Llorente, who has also been linked with Manchester City and Tottenham, earlier this summer hinted that he could be ready to move to the Premier League if and when he leaves Bilbao.
The La Liga outfit have insisted they will not let him leave the club for less than the value of his buy-out clause.
Bilbao president Josu Urrutia recently said Llorente would not be sold this summer unless his €36million valuation was met.
"He is a key player and we would not accept less, the supporters would not accept this," he said.