Internacional attacker Oscar has confirmed he has had a medical with Chelsea - but will not make a decision on whether to complete his move to Stamford Bridge until after the London 2012 Olympics.
It had been reported during the week that the 20-year-old had undergone a medical shortly after arriving in London on Tuesday with Brazil's Olympic squad ahead of London 2012 after the two clubs agreed a fee, believed to be for around £25million.
Chelsea's interest in Oscar was confirmed by Internacional late last week following reports suggesting the Blues were confident of wrapping up a deal for the midfielder.
Internacional president Giovanni Luigi earlier this week said that a deal was edging closer, but insisted Oscar would only join the Blues if they were prepared to make it the biggest transfer in the country's history.
And speaking after impressing in Brazil's 2-0 friendly win over Great Britain in Middlesbrough on Friday night, Oscar admitted a medical had taken place.
However, he stressed that was yet to sign a contract with Roberto Di Matteo's side.
Speaking through an interpreter, the playmaker said: "I only had a meeting with the doctor, nothing else.
"I didn't sign any contract yet and I will wait until the end of the Olympic games to decide my future.
"All Brazilian players have this dream. I have, like everybody the dream to play in Europe and the Premier League."
He also insisted that his focus right now was the Olympics.
"It is like a dream for me, participating in the Olympics, it's so important for my career and I hope to win the gold medal here," he added.
"It was a good result tonight but we also have to improve and grow during the competition to reach the final.
"I am enjoying, it is not a pressure, I am focussed on the Olympics but want to show the British fans that I can play well here.".
Oscar's arrival would take Chelsea's summer spending up to around £65m following the recent arrivals of Marko Marin and Eden Hazard.