Sao Paulo have confirmed that Paris Saint-Germain have made contact over a deal for Lucas Moura, who is also a target for Manchester United.
United were widely expected to win the race to sign Moura this month, but reports in South America on Monday suggested a move to PSG could be on the cards.
It had been reported that the Brazil international, who is currently in action at the London 2012 Olympic Games, was not keen on moving to Manchester and that the big-spending Ligue 1 outfit were ready to offer him a five-year deal.
Inter Milan are also keen on signing the 19-year-old, but president Massimo Moratti claimed PSG were ready to offer €45million for the playmaker - a figure he is unwilling to match (see Related Articles).
United are believed to have tabled a bid in the region of €30m, and although Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes has not discussed the figures involved for the in-demand teenager, he has confirmed PSG's interest.
Speaking to Le 10 Sport, Lopes said: "We have been probed by PSG about Lucas."
Lopes also confirmed that PSG sporting director Leonardo was in regular contact with the South American club following weekend reports that he had met with Moura's agent.
"Leonardo has a very good relationship with Sao Paulo. But for now nothing is definite," he added.
It is believed that PSG's offer includes allowing Moura to remain in Brazil until January 2013.
And Lopes said: "The possibility exists but it is down to the player's interests.
"The policy of Sao Paulo is to follow the desires of the player. If the player wishes to leave, Sao Paulo will not create any obstacle. But we must receive a proposal that is appropriate.
"It's a financial issue. Paris Saint-Germain is a big club in European football and if the player's interests and also the club's are met, I do not see why it would not happen."
Moura, who has also been linked with Real Madrid, last week announced he plans to make a decision on his future at the conclusion of the Olympics.