Real Madrid are reportedly ready to make a new cash-plus-player bid for Tottenham playmaker Luka Modric, who is also a target for Chelsea and Manchester United.
Madrid are yet to agree a fee with Tottenham for Modric, but on Saturday, the Daily Mirror citing sources close to the midfielder claimed personal terms on a four-year deal with Jose Mourinho's side have already been agreed.
The Spanish giants last month failed with a cash-plus-player bid for the Croatia international when midfielder Nuri Sahin ruled out acting as a makeweight.
But according to Madrid-based AS, Los Blancos are now ready to let Ricardo Carvalho move to White Hart Lane as part of the deal.
According to the report in Spain, new Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas is said to have requested the former Chelsea centre-back as part of a deal for Modric, who is keen on a move to Spain.
Madrid will reportedly offer £28million in addition to Carvalho.
Bookmaker Bet Victor on Monday evening made Madrid the huge odds-on favourites to sign Modric this summer at odds of just 1/10, ahead of Chelsea, Man Utd, and Barcelona - who are believed to have scouted him during Euro 2012.
Although Villas-Boas appears to be ready to let the 26-year-old leave the club - and a sale would provide him with funds to bring in his own players - former manager Harry Redknapp recently stated he believes Modric would be a huge loss to the club.
"It would be [a huge loss]," he told Sky Sports News.
"He is irreplaceable. But if they get massive money, they can go and get three or four players and improve the team in other areas."