- Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay has revealed the club will look to sign "two or three new players" during the summer as they continue to be linked with the likes of Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao, Malaga playmaker Isco and Napoli's Edinson Cavani.
- Santos striker Neymar, who has been linked with the likes of Barcelona, Manchester United and Real Madrid, has reiterated that he wants to play in Europe.
- Valencia defender Aly Cissokho has admitted he is aware of interest from Liverpool - but has revealed he is a boyhood Manchester United fan.
He told Le Parisien: "I’ve never made any secret of the fact that the English league is the one that attracts me the most. It is satisfying to be linked with Liverpool.
"It’s a big club and not everyone gets the chance to wear their shirt. But it’s still just a newspaper story. When I was little, I was a Manchester United fan and a David Beckham fan."
- Galatasaray midfielder Wesley Sneijder has claimed a move to Manchester United was blocked by Inter Milan in 2010.
- Bookmakers William Hill make Wayne Rooney just 7/2 to leave Manchester United this summer after he was left out of the starting line-up against Real Madrid on Tuesday night.
- Pepe Reina has urged Liverpool's board to provide transfer funds this summer if the club are to move up the table and finish in the top four next season.