Facts and stats ahead of tonight's El Clasico clash as Real Madrid take on Barcelona at the Bernabeu (21:00 BST kick-off)
- This is the first of four games between the two sides in the next three weeks as they will meet again in the final of the Copa del Rey next Wednesday night then again over two legs in the semi-finals of the Champions League, the first of which takes place later this month.
- Barcelona forward Lionel Messi has scored in his side's last two visits to the Bernabeu.
- Messi has also scored seven and created four (total 11) of Barca's 20 goals scored against Real Madrid in the last five seasons.
- Messi is the only player from either Barca or Real to score more than three times in this fixture, with a total of seven goals.
- Barcelona's Pedro is the only player from either side to score in the last two games between the two teams.
- Barcelona have not lost a Primera Liga game away from home this season.
- Real Madrid have won every La Liga fixture this season in which they have taken the lead.
- The last three El Clasico fixtures have brought a total of three red cards.
- Barcelona have won their last five games against Madrid, their best run of successive victories of all time.
- Barca have never won six consecutive games against Real in the league.
- But Real beat Barca six times in a row between 1962 and 1965.
- Real have scored 11 goals this season in the opening 15 minutes of league matches.
- But Barcelona are the only side not to have conceded a goal in the opening 15 minutes of a league game this season.
See local listings for television coverage or top of page for online broadcast details. Crunchsports.com will have team news and full coverage online throughout the day.