Manchester City are reportedly ready to battle Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea in the race to sign Santos striker Neymar.
The 19-year-old is wanted by clubs from across Europe, and it has been believed that Spanish rivals Real Madrid and Barca are to be leading the race to sign the Brazil international.
But Man City were linked with Neymar earlier this year and according to the Mail on Sunday, manager Roberto Mancini wants the club to launch a bid to sign the young forward, who has a £40million release clause with the South American club.
Mancini is said to have told the hierarchy at the Etihad Stadium that he sees the teenager as the best young player in the world and believes City must look to attract players of his calibre if they are to compete with the likes of the Spanish giants.
According to Sunday's report, Mancini has sent coach Attilio Lombardo out to South America on a scouting mission, with the 45-year-old reporting that he believes Neymar can have a similar impact at City as Wayne Rooney had across the city at Manchester United when he first moved to Old Trafford from Everton.
Santos coach Muricy Ramalho last week admitted that Neymar will likely leave the club next year.
"It is almost certain that in the next year [Santos] will not be able to hold on to [Neymar]," he told Globoesporte.
"There is a lot of harassment around the player. It is impressive that the club has managed to hold out this long."