Wilfried Zaha snubs Liverpool FC and signs new Crystal Palace deal

Selhurst Park (credit: Wikipedia)
Wilfried Zaha, who has been linked with Liverpool and Newcastle, as well as Barcelona, has signed a new long-term deal with Crystal Palace.

The 19-year-old has been in superb form already this season and a number of clubs were believed to be monitoring his progress.

Zaha was first on Liverpool's radar earlier this year and during the Spring it was thought that a summer bid could be tabled by the Merseysiders, and although that didn't happen, the Reds were thought to be considering making a bid next year.

Newcastle were also keen, while according to a report last month in the Daily Mirror, both Spanish champions Barca and Germany giants Bayern Munich were keen on the teenager.

But Palace on Monday announced that the youngster has agreed a new five-and-a-half-year deal with the club.

"I am delighted that Wilfried has extended his contract with the club," Palace manager Dougie Freedman told the club's official website.

"A lot of hard work has seen him develop extremely well over the last year and I look forward to seeing him progress even further in a Crystal Palace shirt."

Arsenal and Manchester City had also shown interest in the Ivory Coast-born youngster, who has already represented England at Under-19 level.

Recent Soccer Articles

  • Rio Ferdinand to retire at the end of the season

    QPR defender Rio Ferdinand plans to retire from football at the end of the season....

  • No regrets over Man Utd snub insists Arjen Robben

    Arjen Robben insists he does not regret snubbing Manchester United before signing for Chelsea back in 2004....

  • Arsenal FC say Laurent Koscielny is unlikely to return for several more weeks

    Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny is unlikely to be available for selection before the next international break in mid-November, manager Arsene Wenger has revealed....

  • El Clasico 2014 - Luis Suarez set to make FC Barcelona debut

    The most controversial player in world soccer, former ex-Ajax and Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, is set to make his debut for new club Barcelona in the first instalment of 'El Clásico; at the Santiago Bernabeu this evening....

  • Man Utd manager Louis van Gaal full of praise for Jose Mourinho

    Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has praised Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho ahead of Sunday's Premier League clash between the two sides....

  • FC Barcelona striker Luis Suarez insists he will never bite again

    Barcelona striker Luis Suarez insists his biting days are behind him....

  • El Clasico - Carlo Ancelotti says he could never take charge of FC Barcelona

    Carlo Ancelotti has said in the build-up to El Clasico that he could never take charge of Barcelona....

  • Cristiano Ronaldo is in better form than Lionel Messi ahead of El Clasico - Iker Casillas

    Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas believes team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo is in better form than Barcelona star Lionel Messi heading into El Clasico....

  • Ross Barkley expected to fit for Everton FC this weekend

    Roberto Martinez is confident that Ross Barkley will be available for Everton's Premier League game away to Burnley on Sunday....

More Stories

Recent Articles

More Stories

Latest News



Share this with your friends

To:
From:
Your comments:

Wilfried Zaha snubs Liverpool FC and signs new Crystal Palace deal

Wilfried Zaha, who has been linked with Liverpool and Newcastle, as well as Barcelona, has signed a new long-term deal with Crystal Palace.

Read more »

Log In or Sign up

Facebook User?

You can use your facebook account to sign up with Live streaming sport.

Connect with facebook
Remember me.
Did you forget your password?