FOLLOW CRUNCHSPORTS

Wigan insist Victor Moses will cost Liverpool FC £10m

Victor Moses (credit: PIUS UTOMI EKPEI/AFP/Getty Images)
Liverpool and Tottenham have been told by Wigan that Victor Moses will cost them £10million.

Moses, 21, has arguably been Wigan's best player this season as Roberto Martinez's side battle against relegation from the Premier League.

Liverpool had been showing interest in Moses prior to his move from Crystal Palace, but earlier this year agent Tony Finnigan ruled out a move away from the DW Stadium, insisting his client was happy at the club.

Since then, however, Moses has rejected a new contract as the Latics look to extend his stay beyond next season, with Finnigan revealing last month that his client had again spurned the chance to negotiate with Wigan.

Liverpool are still believed to be keen, as are Sunderland and Tottenham.

But Wigan insist they will not let the player leave the DW Stadium on the cheap and will insist on a fee in the region of £10m.

"You ­cannot stop players going to the next moment in their ­career and the potential of Victor is incredible," Martinez told theDaily Mirror.

"As long as the club gets the right price and the player gives everything they have got for Wigan, then our chairman Dave Whelan will never stop them from moving upwards.

"It happened last year with Charles N’Zogbia and it would be unrealistic of us to think we will never lose players.

"Victor has the quality to go as high as he wants to. We sometimes forget he is only 21 and we don’t want anyone to feel stale here.

"He is enjoying his football and if he attracts admirers from outside the club, that’s because he is doing well and Wigan are doing well."
comments powered by Disqus

All Soccer News

Recent Transfer News Articles

  • Iago Aspas won't leave Liverpool FC insists agent

    Iago Aspas is not looking to leave Liverpool this summer, according to the striker's agent....

  • Simon Kjaer flattered by Man Utd interest

    Lille defender Simon Kjaer admits he is flattered by reported interest from Manchester United....

  • Chelsea FC, Man Utd warned off Luke Shaw

    Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino has warned the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United off Luke Shaw....

  • Modric to Chelsea FC? Song to Man Utd? Mandzukic to Arsenal FC? Thursday's transfer round-up

    Thursday's round up of the top transfer stories from the past 24 hours......

  • Man Utd make move for FC Barcelona midfielder Alex Song - report

    Manchester United have reportedly made a move to sign Barcelona midfielder Alex Song this summer....

  • Chelsea FC open to Oscar-Luka Modric swap deal claims agent

    A FIFA agent has suggested that Chelsea are willing to swap Oscar for Real Madrid playmaker Luka Modric this summer....

  • Agent says Man Utd target Toni Kroos won't move this summer

    The agent of Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos has handed Manchester United a blow by insisting a move away from the Bundesliga champions will not happen until "at least 2015"....

  • Three players Man City should try to sign this summer

    Manchester City could miss out on adding to their Capital One Cup success this season - so which players should they sign in the summer to reinforce their squad?...

  • Chelsea FC closing in on €42m deal for Diego Costa - report

    Chelsea are reportedly close to agreeing a deal to sign Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa this summer....

More Stories

Recent Articles

  • Liverpool FC striker Daniel Sturridge doubtful for Sunday's trip to Norwich

    Daniel Sturridge is a doubt for Liverpool's Premier League game at Norwich City on Sunday....

  • Luke Shaw 'can make left-back position his own' at Man Utd

    Southampton defender Luke Shaw has been urged to join Manchester United this summer where he can make the left-back spot his own for the next decade....

  • Carlo Ancelotti: Real Madrid CF were motivated by Cristiano Ronaldo's absence

    Carlo Ancelotti said his Real Madrid players were motivated to win the Copa del Rey by the absence of Cristiano Ronaldo....

  • Man Utd linked with Juan Bernat but Valencia CF rule out sale

    Valencia insist they have no plans to sell Juan Bernat, who is rumoured to be a target for Manchester United....

  • Agent says Arsenal FC target Julian Draxler won't move this summer

    Arsenal have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler after his agent claimed a transfer will not happen this summer....

  • Everton FC goalkeeper Tim Howard signs two-year contract extension

    Everton manager Roberto Martinez said it is "fantastic news" that Tim Howard has committed his future to the club by penning a two-year contract extension....

  • Man Utd will sign top players and enjoy success under David Moyes - Juan Mata

    Manchester United playmaker Juan Mata is confident the club will have a successful future under David Moyes....

  • Cristiano Ronaldo hopes to make Real Madrid CF return against Bayern Munich

    Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo is hoping he will be fit enough to return against Bayern Munich in next week's Champions League semi-final first-leg....

  • Liverpool FC target Guillermo Ochoa open to Premier League move

    Ajaccio goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa, who has been linked with Liverpool, has revealed he is open to a move to the Premier League this summer....

More Stories

Share this with your friends

To:
From:
Your comments:

Wigan insist Victor Moses will cost Liverpool FC £10m

Liverpool and Tottenham have been told by Wigan that Victor Moses will cost them £10million.

Read more »

Log In or Sign up

Facebook User?

You can use your facebook account to sign up with Live streaming sport.

Connect with facebook
Remember me.
Did you forget your password?