Santos warn Madrid CF and Chelsea FC over Neymar pursuit

Neymar (credit: jikatu)
Santos president Luis Alvaro Ribeiro has warned Real Madrid and Chelsea that he will report them to FIFA over their pursuit of Neymar.

The 19-year-old striker continues to be linked with a move to Europe, with the Spanish giants widely seen as favourites to sign the Brazil international.

Juventus and Manchester City have also shown interest in the highly-rated young forward, although Santos have on a number of occasions stated that he is not for sale.

Ribeiro has, however, previously admitted talks can take place providing Neymar's £40million release clause is met - something which Real and Chelsea are believed to be prepared to do.

However, to add to the confusion, the outspoken Santos president has recently claimed he would do everything possible to stop a deal going through even if the release clause was triggered, and earlier this month claimed he would ask Brazil's president, Dilma Rousseff, for help in providing additional funding to help keep the player at the club.

And speaking to Terra, Ribeiro has warned the likes of Real and Chelsea not to continue with their attempts to try and lure Neymar away from South America.

"If Real Madrid or any other club [that has approached Neymar] decides to meet his buy-out clause, we have no other option but to report them to FIFA for approaching the player without our permission," he claimed.

"Negotiations have been stalled and won't be re-opened.

"Real Madrid spoke with Neymar's management in Paris and made an interesting offer.

"I've told him that we won't let go of him though and he wants to stay with us, too. 

"I can assure you that Neymar will play for Santos at the Club World Cup. I have already said it before and that's the way it is."
comments powered by Disqus

All Soccer News

Recent Soccer Articles

  • Premier League - Leicester City vs Arsenal FC kick-off time

    Leicester vs Arsenal takes place this afternoon in the Premier League....

  • Man Utd remain without a win following goalless draw with Burnley FC

    Louis van Gaal and Manchester United remain without a win this season following a goalless draw against Burnley in the Premier League this season....

  • Real Madrid CF to sign Radamel Falcao?

    Bookmakers have suspended betting on Real Madrid winning the race to sign Monaco striker Radamel Falcao before Monday night's transfer deadline....

  • Premier League - Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool FC kick-off time

    Tottenham vs Liverpool takes place this afternoon in the Premier League....

  • Man Utd-Daley Blind deal questioned by Paul Scholes

    Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has questioned the club's £14million move for Ajax defender Daley Blind....

  • Premier League fixtures for Sunday, August 31st 2014

    There are three games taking place this afternoon in the Premier League, with Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur all in action....

  • Chelsea FC confirm interest in Loic Remy

    Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has confirmed his interest in QPR striker Loic Remy....

  • Destro to Chelsea FC? Papastathopoulos to Arsenal FC? Odegaard to Man Utd? Saturday's transfer round-up

    Saturday's round up of the top transfer stories from the past 24 hours......

  • Burnley FC 0-0 Man Utd - Angel Di Maria makes debut but MUFC held at Turf Moor

    British record signing Angel Di Maria made his Manchester United debut on Saturday - but Louis van Gaal's side were held to a 0-0 draw at Burnley....

More Stories

Recent Articles

More Stories

Latest News



Share this with your friends

To:
From:
Your comments:

Santos warn Madrid CF and Chelsea FC over Neymar pursuit

Santos president Luis Alvaro Ribeiro has warned Real Madrid and Chelsea that he will report them to FIFA over their pursuit of Neymar.

Read more »

Log In or Sign up

Facebook User?

You can use your facebook account to sign up with Live streaming sport.

Connect with facebook
Remember me.
Did you forget your password?