The Major League Baseball season will soon be 70 games into the schedule for all teams and while a substantial chunk of games have already been played, there’s still plenty of time to get your World Series bets in. Here are the teams that are currently playing above .500 baseball (as of Sunday June 13th) with their ranking in the futures market for the 2010 World Series in parentheses:
1. New York Yankees, .635 (1st favorite to win the 2010 World Series in terms of Sportsbook odds)
1. Tampa Bay Rays, .635 (2nd favorite)
3. San Diego Padres, .587 (17th favorite)
4. Atlanta Braves, .578 (8th favorite)
5. Minnesota Twins, .571 (6th favorite)
5. Los Angeles Dodgers, .571 (7th favorite)
7. Boston Red Sox, .569 (5th favorite)
8. San Francisco Giants, .565 (12th favorite)
9. Cincinnati Reds, .563 (11th favorite)
10. Texas Rangers, .556 (9th favorite)
10. New York Mets, .556 (10th favorite)
12. Los Angeles Angels, .545 (14th favorite)
13. Detroit Tigers, .532 (15th favorite)
14. Toronto Blue Jays, .531 (20th favorite)
15. Philadelphia Phillies, .525 (3rd favorite)
16. Colorado Rockies, .524 (13th favorite)
The best price on the Yankees to win the World Series is with Bodog who have them at +333. If you are looking for the longest odds on the most likely winner, then registering with Bodog and backing the Yankees is the play to make. Tampa Bay backers should be looking to Ladbrokes who have the best price on the Rays at +500 (5/1). With both of those sites you should be using MAXIMUMBONUS when you register.
Those looking for value should be considering the San Diego Padres and the Atlanta Braves. Those two teams, at this precise moment, are considered the 17th and 8th favorites in terms of odds and yet they have the two best winning percentages in the National League. Philadelphia are missing something and appear to have taken a pounding in the early going as they are still considered the front runners in the NL despite only sporting a .525 winning percentage.
San Diego are priced at +5000 with bet365 to win the World Series while Atlanta are priced with Bwin at +2400. Those looking for value, should sprinkle those two teams as they are much better than their odds imply.
If you wanted to play it safer, then take the Padres at +2500 to win the NLCS this year, odds that can be found with bet365. At this moment they have the best winning percentage in all of the National League and since we are more than 60 games into the season, that shouldn’t be considered a fluke.
There’s no way a team with a .587 winning percentage should have odds as long as 25 to 1 to win the league in mid-June.
Register with bet365 to bet on Major League Baseball – take advantage of their deposit bonus offer to receive free bets that can be used on the 2010 World Series.